Sunday, January 20, 2013

Dear Followers

Letter to My Followers:

Dear Followers,

I have finally gotten my new website/blog up and running!!! It is my sincere wish that you will find it
in your hearts to follow me to www.teacakesandwhiskey.com.

I will be increasing my posts this year as I embark on the exciting journey of book signings and (fingers crossed) small book tours.

On March 5th I will be having my very first television interview promoting Flamingo Funeral & Tales from the Land of Tea Cakes and Whiskey which I will post on the new site.

For those of you who read my last post about Jimmy "Duck" Holmes, I am planning on documenting my trip to the Mississippi Delta in June and our first meeting. (Assuming, of course, he likes the book!)

So dear readers, I invite you to come on along for the ride. I may not always take the direct route to  my destination, but I've never taken a trip that wasn't fun along the way.

Which reminds me of a story:

When my son was fourteen, we had just moved to a new town and I had to take him to Montgomery, AL for something that escapes me now. There were several routes to get to I65 from where we lived. So as we were preparing to leave, I told Travis I had found a new route that would cut a good ten minutes off our trip.

Travis immediately responded, "I don't know, Mom. Maybe we should just go the way we know."

"Don't be silly," I replied. "It'll be fun! Think of it as an adventure."

Travis doubtfully shook his head. "Going to the store with you is an adventure. This will probably be more like an epic journey."

Now, I'm not promising anything so spectacular as an epic journey, dear readers, but I hope you'll come along for the ride. I may not always take the direct route to my destination, but I don't recall ever taking a trip that wasn't fun along the way.

And Travis, now with children of his own, still loves to go for those journeys. Today he says, "Whenever I go on a trip with Mama, I always come back with a story."

And that is what life is all about -- the story!

Thanks for following ....... Kat

www.teacakesandwhiskey.com


No comments:

Post a Comment